Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My daughter, then 10, bought me a jar of Artichokes and Capers Dip from the Bread Dip Company (Seattle). I lay in bed at night wondering if I should get back up and eat more! MMmmmmmm.... So, naturally, I duplicated it when I couldn't find it locally (well, I think it's close, anyway). According to their jar, serving suggestions ∗ Top on fish or chicken & bake ∗ Create a gourmet pizza ∗ Wonderful over pasta ∗ Spread on favorite sandwiches ∗ Sauté into fresh veggies ∗ Extraordinary in omelets Personally, I spooned it onto French bread slices and devoured it. IF I made enough to share, I'd serve it in a bowl with a small spoon surrounded by French bread rounds.
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichokes (I use artichoke hearts)
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 lemons, whole, juiced
- 2 -3 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons garlic (or 3 cloves garlic)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, dried
- In food processor, process garlic until finely chopped.
- Add capers, ¼ cup olive oil, canola oil, lemon juice and herbs & spices. Pulse until capers are SLIGHTLY chopped.
- Add the rest of the olive oil and artichokes. Pulse once to three times – you want to see artichoke pieces.
- Taste. May add a little more olive oil if necessary for a looser dip consistency.