Prep 30 mins
Cook 240 hrs
This is an easy and delicious home recipe of the "store bought" Limoncello liqueuer.
- Zest six lemons and put in bottle or jar sufficient to hold approximately 1 quart.
- Add vodka and shake well.
- Set aside for 10 days, shaking periodically.
- On the 10th day, make a simple syrup by bringing 3 cups of water and 1 1/2 cups sugar to a boil.
- Strain zest from vodka and pour syrup over zest.
- After a few minutes, strain the zest from the simple syrup; and then discard the zest.
- Mix the syrup with the vodka, and place in bottles.
- Keep in freezer.
- (Don't worry, it won't freeze.) Must be served ICY COLD!
- Serving in chilled glasses is an extra nice touch.
Wonderful!....Just like I tasted on the Analfi Coast...Thanks!
Delicious! The taste is crisp and light, especially if kept in freezer. Use 100 proof vodka because 80 proof does freeze! Very easy to make and well worth the effort.