Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
I got this recipe from Mr. Food. It's similar to some other Zaar recipes, but with the addition of lemon peel. A summer treat!
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 1 cup sugar.
- Beat in the eggs.
- In another large bowl, combine the flour and baking soda and add to the egg mixture alternately with 1/2 cup lemonade concentrate.
- Stir in the lemon peel.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2-inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, or until the edges are golden.
- Remove the cookies from the oven; brush lightly with the remaining lemonade concentrate then sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar.
What a great idea...brushing the baked cookies with the lemonade concentrate. Changed this recipe just a bit. Sprinkled the cookies with confections sugar. These have such a bright flavor. A keeper for sure!! Thanks so much for posting.
These cookies were just ok for me. I wanted them to be firmer or crisper or something not so soggy. The flavor was good but just couldn't get past the texture. Sorry. I did enjoy trying them though.
Lovely cookie. Nice change from Oatmeal and chocolate chip. We had an essembly line going. My son painted pink lemonade on each cookie while my daughters sprinkled sugar. Fresh, light and yummy!