Recipe by Kree
I got this recipe from Mr. Food. It's similar to some other Zaar recipes, but with the addition of lemon peel. A summer treat!
Top Review by Aroostook
What a great idea...brushing the baked cookies with the lemonade concentrate. Changed this recipe just a bit. Sprinkled the cookies with confections sugar. These have such a bright flavor. A keeper for sure!! Thanks so much for posting.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed, divided
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 1 cup sugar.
- Beat in the eggs.
- In another large bowl, combine the flour and baking soda and add to the egg mixture alternately with 1/2 cup lemonade concentrate.
- Stir in the lemon peel.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2-inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, or until the edges are golden.
- Remove the cookies from the oven; brush lightly with the remaining lemonade concentrate then sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar.