Recipe by Rita~
Refreshing drink! This can be used as a sour mix for mixed cocktails, just omit the last step of water.Add to a punch.Make a lemon-limeade by mixing half lemon and half limes.Pack it into a thermos for a picnic.
Top Review by Karen=^..^=
BEST lemonade ever! I used half lemons and half limes (limes were on sale!). I half filled a 2 quart pitcher with ice and then added the syrup and water. Tasted and needed about 1/2 cup more water. I ended up with a little over 2 quarts (including the ice). Everyone thought it was great but my husband couldn't believe how much work was involved for one pitcher of lemonade...BUT it was worth every minute! Thanks for sharing, Rita, this will be the lemonade recipe I use from now on!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 8 -9 lemons, rinsed (23/4 to 31/4 lb. total)
- lots ice cube
- thin lemon slice
- fresh mint leaves
- lemongrass, bruised for stirring and flavor
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 1-quart bowl combine sugar and 1 1/4 cups hot water.
- Micro and stir occasionally, until sugar is dissolved, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, zest 1 tablespoon lemon peel (yellow part only) from 2 or 3 lemons.
- Add peel to warm sugar mixture; let cool about 10 minutes.
- Cut all lemons in half and ream enough juice to make 1 3/4 cups.
- Add to sugar mixture.
- Into a pitcher add lots of ice cubes, lemon syrup, 1 cup ice cold water.
- Stir lemon slices into lemonade& pour into glasses with garnish of mint.
- Taste you may want to add more water.