1 hr 20 mins
I heard food.com was just begging for, yet, another zucchini bread recipe. This one's from Cook's Illustrated and, as hard as I tried to find it here (almost 900 zucchini bread recipes), it hasn't been posted. Oh, it's healthy because it's got zucchini in it. Now go make it!!! ;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan; dust with flour, tapping out the excess.
- 2Shred the zucchini on the large holes of a box grater and drain by squeezing the zucchini between several layers of paper towels.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whisk until fully incorporated. Set aside.
- 4Whisk together the sugar, yogurt, eggs, lemon juice and melted butter in a 2-cup glass measure until combined. Set aside.
- 5Stir the zucchini and the yogurt mixture into the flour mixture until just moistened. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface with a rubber spatula.
- 6Bake until the loaf is golden brown and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through baking. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool for at least one hour before serving. (The bread can be wrapped with plastic wrap and stored at room temperature for up to 3 days.).
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Zucchini Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1063 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2914.4
- Calories from Fat 754
- Total Fat 83.8 g
- Saturated Fat 48.7 g
- Cholesterol 563.1 mg
- Sodium 3590.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 505.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 309.6 g
- Protein 44.2 g