Recipe by gailanng
I heard food.com was just begging for, yet, another zucchini bread recipe. This one's from Cook's Illustrated and, as hard as I tried to find it here (almost 900 zucchini bread recipes), it hasn't been posted. Oh, it's healthy because it's got zucchini in it. Now go make it!!! ;-)
- 2 small zucchini, shredded
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (try adding a little of the zest)
Directions See How It's Made
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan; dust with flour, tapping out the excess.
- Shred the zucchini on the large holes of a box grater and drain by squeezing the zucchini between several layers of paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whisk until fully incorporated. Set aside.
- Whisk together the sugar, yogurt, eggs, lemon juice and melted butter in a 2-cup glass measure until combined. Set aside.
- Stir the zucchini and the yogurt mixture into the flour mixture until just moistened. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface with a rubber spatula.
- Bake until the loaf is golden brown and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through baking. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool for at least one hour before serving. (The bread can be wrapped with plastic wrap and stored at room temperature for up to 3 days.).