Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
- take the zest (peel) from lemons with a zester or use grater to get the zest.
- Let dry in dehydrator or dry on paper towel overnight.
- Store in airtight jars.
- Use for baking, in whipped cream for flavour or anything that calls for zest.
- Now what do you do with the juice?
- Well try freezing it in ice cube trays for punches, juice for cooking etc.
- Once frozen can be stored in freezer bags in freezer.
- Make a jug of Lemonaide or a nice fruit punch for the summer heat to cool you down.
Well I figured you had to just dry the zest out but wasn't sure so I definitely appreciate the post on this one to just appease my conscience :D I am zesting and drying then bottling up into a spice bottle to use in future recipes since I didn't need anything but the juice today. Thank you so much!
I just got a zester recently and I wouldn't live without it now! I have zested the oranges, keep in a plastic ziploc bag. I juiced the oranges and drank it! I have also juiced grapefruit and lemons. Thanks!