Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This lemon pound cake recipe gives us one more reason to love Greek yogurt. It really delivers a moist and creamy cake that can be dressed up or down as you see fit. Pair it with fresh fruit, a dollop of cream, or just a simple dusting of powdered sugar. It’s an easy recipe that is destined to become a family favorite.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup non-fat lemon Greek yogurt
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
For the glaze
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 inch loaf pan. Grease and flour the pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into 1 bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the Chobani yogurt, 1 cup sugar, the eggs, lemon zest, and vanilla. Slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. With a spatula, fold the vegetable oil into the batter, making sure it’s all blended. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes, or until a cake tester placed in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, cook the 1/3 cup lemon juice and remaining 1/3 cup sugar in a small pan until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is clear. Set aside.
- When the cake is done, allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Carefully place on a baking rack over a sheet pan. While the cake is still warm, pour the lemon-sugar mixture over the cake and allow it to soak inches Cool.
- For the Glaze:.
- Combine the confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice and pour over the cake. Slice and Enjoy!
This is an easy and tasty version of lemon pound cake.<br/>No Greek lemon yogurt here, so I used simply used Greek yogurt for this recipe.<br/>The cake is juicy, fresh and tasty. Exactly what you are looking for.<br/>Thanks a lot for posting here your recipes!