Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Very light and fun cookies, and so simple! This lovely recipe is again from my Lone Star Legacy Cookbook!
- 1 (18 ounce) box lemon cake mix (not with the pudding mixture, any flavor)
- 1 egg
- 4 ounces whipped topping (CoolWhip or others will do,about 2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- Mix cake mix, egg and whipped topping.
- Roll into balls (slightly smaller than ping-pong balls).
- Dip in powdered sugar and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
- You may also try other flavors-- orange or even white cake mix are very good.
Talk about easy and good!! I really did enjoy these cookies. Great to use as another small treat after a dinner. Thanks sunshine64.
These cookies were awesome! Really simply recipe. Of course lemon cookies is one of my favorites. I been looking for an awesome recipe for soft lemon cookies. I finally found it. I also made them with strawberry cake mix too. They were delicouse and everyone was addicted.
I thought these were really good considering how simple and easy they were to make. Just make sure you wet your fingers as I found that the dough was really sticky when trying to roll in balls. Also, I took the advice of another reviewer and baked them at 300 degrees F and for about 13 minutes and they turned out great, very soft and chewy inside with a little crispy outside.