1 hr 15 mins
Lovely moist delicious cake!! From Cooking for diabetics.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350f degrees.
- 2Lightly grease a deep 8 inch removable bottomed or springform cake pan.
- 3Line the bottom of the pan with baking parchment or waxed paper.
- 4Peel and chop the banana.
- 5Process with the lowfat spread and dates.
- 6Add 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of the flour to the creamed mixture.
- 7Process briefly to mix, then add the remaining eggs one at a time, eaach with another 1 tablespoon flour.
- 8Scrape the mixture into a bowl and fold in the remaining flour, with the walnut pieces.
- 9Grate the rind from 3 lemons and thinly pare the rind from the fourth (for decoration).
- 10Squeeze the juice from 2 lemons.
- 11Stir the grated lemon rind and juice into the mixture.
- 12Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and level the top.
- 13Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a fine skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- 14Cool on a wire rack.
- 15Decorate with the pared lemon rind.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Walnut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.1
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 132.1 mg
- Sodium 48.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 12.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: