Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Close your eyes and imagine this spread on a freshly baked scone... Adapted from oldfashionedliving.com by reducing the lemon juice and increasing the amount of lemon verbena leaves.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 4 -6 fresh very finely minced lemon verbena leaves
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until smooth and ingredients are incorporated.
- Transfer butter to a covered container approximately 2 hours or until firm. Note: be sure the butter is covered well or it will absorb any odors from the refrigerator.
Great, but then it would be to a LV lover like me! I omitted the sugar, no need to add to a fine sweet (doux) French butter and also omitted the lemon juice, as I wanted a thicker butter. Everything else was as posted and I will report back with photos and serving ideas later! Made for the ZWT6 GB leg of the journey and also for the Magic of Herbs in the Photo's forum, mercy buckets for this simple recette cg! FT:-)
Loved this! Was looking for recipes to use with the Lemon Verbena I grow in my garden. This is great, perfect on hot biscuits. ZWT6