Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe and am posting as a follow up to "Preserved Lemons."
Make and share this Lemon Tossed Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup preserved lemon
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup minced of fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 plum tomatoes
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup kalamata olive
- 4 ounces feta
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- Rinse the preserved lemons, remove and discard pulp.
- Cut rind into thin strips.
- Whisk together lemon juice and the next 5 ingredients, adding lemon rind, tomato and the next 5 ingredients.
- Toss well and chill for 1 hour.
- Serve over greens.
This salad is not for the faint-hearted. It's so full of flavours and textures, you won't believe it!!!!!!!! I've been waiting since Di posted this to get some preserved lemons, and I did so in Melbourne yesterday! If you make it, don't change a thing-it's all meant to go together! We ate this tonight with Couscous by Dancer and Lamb Kebabs with Cumin and Cinnamon by Yooper. What a feast.