Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this Lemon Thyme Corn Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 400°; grease 12 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, thyme, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar and eggs until well blended; whisk in buttermilk, butter and lemon zest until blended.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Gently fold in raisins and pine nuts.
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 17-20 minutes or until tops are light golden brown and a pick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool.