Recipe by Ridgely
This is an easy and tasty way to make teriyaki chicken. The lemon gives the chicken a nice kick to the taste. Enjoy
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice (To me, the flavor is a little too strong, so I add somewhere between a 1/4 and 1/2 cup- just my pref)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 chicken thighs
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, combine all ingredients except chicken.
- Cook over medium heat 3- 4 minutes.
- Add chicken.
- Simmer 30 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- Cover the chicken for the first 15 minutes and then take the lid off, flip the chicken over and continue to cook for another 15 minutes or so uncovered.
- The liquid will start to thicken and develop a nice glaze on the chicken.
- I think its done with the glaze has thickened and the chicken gets a cripsy brown on the edges.