Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
The perfect cookies for a lazy summer day or a cold winter day when you wish it was summer...
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 78.07 ml powdered sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 395.10 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml lemon curd
- 14.79 ml powdered sugar, for dusting
- In large bowl, beat butter, 1/3 cup powdered sugar and the vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Stir in flour until dough forms. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes for easier handling.
- Heat oven to 350°F Shape dough into 1-inch balls. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. Press thumb into center of each ball to make indentation.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Fill cookies with lemon curd. Sprinkle powdered sugar over cookies.
What a great cookie! A great recipe to help use up leftover homemade lemon curd! The cookie dough is not too sweet so it does not distract from the lemon curd filling. I added a TBSP of curd to the dough while mixing for a fresh lemon scent & flavor in the cookie itself.. a perfect cookie.
This is an awful recipe. Not sure why the 1T of powdered sugar is listed twice.It's also really hard to stir 1 2/3 C flour into a tiny mixture of powdered sugar and butter. It flaked up and didn't turn into dough at all. I refrigerated it (covered of course), and it was pure crumbs. I had to add some egg beaters to it to make it piece together instead of falling apart when I tried to make a ball.