Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
When I was about eight, this sauce was "invented" by me with a little "help" from Mom. It's luxurious and velvety over pasta, especially fettucine.
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 pint cream
- 1⁄4 cup riesling wine
- 1 sprig tarragon, chopped finely
- In a saucepan over medium heat, saute garlic in butter until the garlic begins to brown.
- Add the Riesling.
- Mix, add the cream, and, lowering the heat, reduce the sauce for 10 minutes.
- Add the lemon and tarragon and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over fettucine.
Such a lovely simple sauce, I made it then stirred in leftover spaghetti from the night before and served with chicken tenders and a stir fry of veggies from the garden. Tarragon is one of my fave herbs, and adding it at the last minute really balances the flavor, will make often!