Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this in a Rhodes Dinner Rolls insert. My mom loves lemon, so I made these as part of Mother's Day brunch. They were so delicious and gobbled up quickly!
- 12 frozen white bread rolls dough, thawed but still cold (I recommend Rhodes)
- 2 lemons, rind of, grated
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Mix grated lemon rind with sugar.
- Cut rolls in half and place in a 12 inch deep dish pizza pan or a 9x13 inch baking pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Drizzle 1/4 cup melted butter over bread dough rolls. Sprinkle with lemon rind/sugar mixture, reserving 1/2 of the mixture to sprinkle on just before baking.
- Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise until double in size; remove wrap.
- Sprinkle on the remaining mixture.
- Bake at 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes; remove immediately from the pan and place on cooling rack.
- Combine powdered sugar, butter and lemon juice; mix well.
- Drizzle glaze over pull-aparts and serve!
I did the same thing as the others as far as starting them the night before...I also changed all of the lemon to orange!! It was so good! Next I will try it with lemon as the recipe states. Very versitle and yummy! Thanks for sharing!
Wonderful! My lemon crazy son thought these were excellent, and can't wait for me to make them again. Like others, I put it together before bed, and then popped it into the oven the next morning. Definitely a keeper here.
Yummy Sunday morning breakfast! My son loves citrus flavors and sure loved these--the grated lemon zest added a nice punch. I cheated like the previous reviewer and treated them as an overnight coffeecake, except I did go ahead and cut the frozen rolls in half using kitchen shears. Put them together before bed, covered with plastic wrap, and the next morning it was a breeze to finish up and pop them in the oven. Thanks, KC Cooker, for sharing this wonderful recipe!