Recipe by carol ann in canada
These squares are tart and sweet at the same time--ooh so good. This recipe came from an Irish lady I work for.
Top Review by erinBOberrin
The taste was great. My only concern was that I had a bugger of a time getting them out of the pan without mangling them. Don't really know why, because I did grease and flour the pan. Anyway, everyone really liked them!
- 1 lemon cake mix (any kind)
- 1⁄4 lb melted margarine (, i use butter)
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups sifted icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour 9x13-inch pan.
- Mix cake mix, melted margarine, and 1 egg together; press into prepared pan.
- Mix cheese, 2 eggs and icing sugar together and pour over "crust".
- Bake at 325°F for 40 minutes.
- (It will still appear soft in the center).
- Let cool for 15 minutes and then sprinkle with icing sugar (I use a sifter to do this-for even spreading).
- Cut while still warm.