Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade recipe. Easy and really tasty! Sandra recommends using Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix for this recipe. I have actually made Vanilla Spritz squares using vanilla extract and eliminating the lemon zest.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the sugar cookie mix and cream cheese until well blended and smooth.
- Add the flour in 3 parts.
- Add eggs and lemon extract and mix until just incorporated.
- Fold in lemon zest.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out dough to a 12 x 14 inch rectangle.
- Using a fluted pastry cutter(if you have one), I use a butter knife, cut dough into 2 inch squares.
- Place squares 1 inch apart on a ungreased cookie sheet(I lightly spray cooking spray).
- Put in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until bottoms are golden brown and tops are set.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Dust with powdered sugar.