Another Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade recipe. Easy and really tasty! Sandra recommends using Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix for this recipe. I have actually made Vanilla Spritz squares using vanilla extract and eliminating the lemon zest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the sugar cookie mix and cream cheese until well blended and smooth.
- 3Add the flour in 3 parts.
- 4Add eggs and lemon extract and mix until just incorporated.
- 5Fold in lemon zest.
- 6On a lightly floured surface roll out dough to a 12 x 14 inch rectangle.
- 7Using a fluted pastry cutter(if you have one), I use a butter knife, cut dough into 2 inch squares.
- 8Place squares 1 inch apart on a ungreased cookie sheet(I lightly spray cooking spray).
- 9Put in freezer for 10 minutes.
- 10Bake for 10-12 minutes until bottoms are golden brown and tops are set.
- 11Cool on wire racks.
- 12Dust with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Spritz Squares
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 26.6
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 13.0 mg
- Sodium 11.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar cookie mix