Recipe by Stacky5
This recipe came from Giada de Laurentis on the Food Network. I saw her make this and I was amazed at how simple it was! It's like being a gourmet cook yet fooling everyone--!!! Tastes so light and fresh, but yet so satisfying for those pasta cravings we sometimes get! Very Italian...Yum!
Top Review by Georgiapea
This is also in one of her cookbooks. I've made it a few times. I like it but I don't love it (and yet I keep making it...says something). I often add asparagus and or avocado to this as well. Last time I used a whole avocado instead of any olive oil and blended all of the sauce together. Pretty tasty!
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated (fresh is best)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons, and try not to use the store-bought juice)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground if possible
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water according to package directions (until al-dente') Stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the olive oil, Parmesan cheese and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Toss the pasta with the lemon sauce, and add the reserved cooking liquid and toss again. (Adding 1/4 cup at a time as needed to moisten.).
- Season with the salt & pepper. Garnish with lemon zest and chopped basil.