Recipe by looneytunesfan
Bite-sized buttery rich lemon cookies melt in your mouth. Having just one is almost impossible.
- 1⁄2 cup lemon drop candy
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- additional powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Crush lemon drops in food processor or blender.
- In large bowl, beat butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, the lemon peel and lemon extract with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, 1/4 cup of the crushed lemon drops and the salt.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies 8 to 9 minutes or until set but not brown.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet; roll in powdered sugar. Cool 10 minutes; roll in remaining crushed lemon drops.
- Cool completely on wire rack, about 30 minutes. Reroll in crushed lemon drops if desired.