Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sweet-tart, cool and refreshing.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries in light syrup, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup currant jelly
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1⁄2 pint lemon sherbet
- Heat raspberries (with syrup) and currant jelly to boiling, stirring frequently.
- Mix cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Stir into raspberry-currant mixture.
- Cook, stirring ocnstantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil and stir 1 minute. Cool, and if desired, strain.
- Scoop sherbet into dessert dishes and pour sauce on top.
- Sauce is also good on ice cream or custard.