Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy way of achieving delicious lemon flavored scones. Use 7-up, Sprite or Sierra Mist.
- 3 cups self rising flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Sprite
- flour, for dusting
- jam, and whipped cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease and flour a cookie sheet, I use Bakers Joy.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix lightly until combined.
- Scrape dough onto a floured surface.
- Knead lightly and shape into a rectangle about 1 inch thick.
- Cut into 2 inch circles. I use a drinking glass dipped into flour.
- Place about 1 inch apart onto cookie sheet.
- Dust tops lightly with flour.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until top is light brown.
- Serve with whipped cream and jam.
- You can add raisins, craisins or fruit bits to the dough.