Recipe by Mirj
A different way to bake potatoes. Yassou!
Top Review by HeatherFeather
The taste of these potatoes was milder than I expected. It took a lot longer to cook than the amount indicated. After 1 1/2 hours in the oven, I popped the dish in the microwave for a few minutes to get the potatoes soft enough for our liking. My husband did not care for these at all, but my daughter enjoyed them. I would add lemon zest to punch up the lemon flavor a bit and perhaps some lemon pepper seasoning. These needed quite a bit of seasoning. A good recipe, but not for all tastes.
Directions See How It's Made
- Place peeled and quartered baking potatoes in a pan just big enough to hold them in one layer.
- Place lemon juice in a one-cup measure.
- Add enough water to make one cup liquid.
- Pour lemon and water over potatoes.
- Drizzle oil over potatoes.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour, adding more water as needed, until potatoes are golden brown and soft.
- Salt and pepper to taste.