Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Zippy, fluffy, yummy
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese, drained
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Combine egg yolks & ricotta in food processor until smooth.
- Add milk, buttermilk, flour, sugar, baking soda, & salt & process until smooth.
- Fold in lemon zest & lemon juice.
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks & fold in to blended ingredients.
- Ladle on to hot griddle, flipping when needed.
- Top with fresh fruit or a fruit sauce such as raspberry, blueberry, etc or syrup.