Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A light baked cheesecake. I sometimes add some blueberries or raspberries on the biscuit base before the filling. You can decorate with fruit on top and some pouring cream if you like. Yum
- 170 g digestive biscuits
- 85 g unsalted butter
- 750 g ricotta cheese
- 250 g mascarpone cheese
- 110 g caster sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 150 ml double cream
- 2 lemons, rind of, grated
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- To make the base, melt the butter, crush the biscuits and mix the two together. Place into a buttered 9"-10" springform tin, and place in fridge whilst making filling.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff.
- Mix the cheeses, sugar, cream, lemon zest, juice and vanilla xtract togther until smooth.
- Fold in the whisked egg whites.
- Pour mixture onto base and place in a preheated oven 180oc (160oc-fan oven) for 1 hour.
- When cool decorate as you would like. Just enjoy!