Recipe by Megohm
A recipe I saw on Everyday Italian (my faaavourite cooking show), sounds a little weird, but trust me, it's GREAT!
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2⁄3 cup strained fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 lemon, zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir the water and 3/4 cup of sugar in a medium saucepan over high heat just until the sugar dissolves.
- Whisk in the lemon juice.
- Pour the lemon mixture into an 8-inch square glass dish.
- Cover and freeze, stirring occasionally, until the liquid just becomes slushy, about 2 hours.
- Using a fork, scrape the granita every 30 minutes until it is completely made up of ice crystals.
- (The granita can be prepared up to 2 days ahead. Cover and keep frozen, and scrape every so often so that the crystals stay loose.).
- Whisk the ricotta, remaining sugar, and pinch of salt in a medium bowl to blend.
- Spoon the granita into dessert bowls.
- Top with a dollop of the ricotta.
- Zest the lemon peel over the desserts and serve.