Recipe by Mille®
These are available for breakfast at the Nutmeg Inn, Wilmington, Vermont - or even at your very own kitchen breakfast table! Top them with real Vermont maple syrup for a truly amazing breakfast treat.
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup cake flour
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk or 3⁄4 cup milk
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemons, zest of
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, whisk together ricotta, sour cream, butter, vanilla, milk, egg yolks, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and lemon zest until completely homogenized.
- Sift flour and baking powder on top and blend completely.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites to stiff peaks and gently fold into batter the batter should be just thin enough to pour- if too thick, add more milk.
- Pour by ¼ cups onto prepared 375 degree griddle and cook 2-3 minutes on first side, then flip and cook 1-2 minutes more, or to your liking.