Recipe by lazyme
This is a simple and tasty salmon dish from Seafood: A Collecton of Heart-Healthy Recipes.
- 1 whole salmon, dressed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- lemon pepper, to taste
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons pimiento, diced
- lemon slice (optional)
- parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse fish.
- Remove head and tail, if desired.
- Set fish aside while preparing stuffing.
- Heat butter in frying pan; add celery and mushrooms and saute about 5 minutes.
- Add seasonings, water and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil and mix in uncooked rice.
- Add green onions and pimiento.
- Cover stuffing; remove from heat and let stand about 5 minutes.
- Pat fish dry and fill cavity with stuffing.
- Wrap fish in foil.
- Place in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake in a 400ºF oven about 30 to 40 minutes, or until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- Remove upper skin and bones, if desired.
- Garnish with lemon slices and parsley.