All my favorite flavors combined into one delicious dessert! Here it is, I'm sharing with you, a recipe based on banana pudding -- From the cookbook, More From Magnolia Bakery. Cooking time also reflects time in refrigerator to chill.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks until creamy, 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Gradually add water and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add 2 cups of the hot mixture to the egg yolks, stirring to warm the egg yolks.
- Return entire mixture to the pot and heat 1 minute more.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter, lemon juice,and the lemon zest.
- Transfer to a medium sized bowl, cool to room temperature; about one hour.
- In a large bowl, on medium speed of an electric mixer, whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in the pudding mixture into the whipped cream until well blended and so streaks of pudding remain.
- To assemble dessert: Select a large wide bowl (preferably glass) with a 4-5 quart capacity.
- Arrange one-third of the gingersnaps to cover the bottom of the bowl, ovelapping if necessary, then one third of the pudding.
- Repeat the layering twice more.
- Garnish the top layer with raspberries.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and allow to chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours - or up to 8 - but no longer (!) before serving.