Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from American Diabetes Association. Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake - Prepare cake as directed , adding 3 tablespoons poppy seed to dry ingredient mixture. Complete recipe as directed. The recipe says you can use 48 pkts of Equal.
- 2 1⁄2 cups Bisquick reduced-fat baking mix
- 2 cups Equal Spoonful
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup lemon low fat yogurt
- 6 tablespoons stick butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons 2% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Combine baking mix, Equal®, cornstarch and lemon peel.
- Mix in yogurt, melted butter, eggs, lemon juice, milk and flavorings until blended.
- Spoon mixture into well sprayed 9 or 12 cup Bundt® pan or 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated 350˚ oven 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in pan 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.