Recipe by Amber Dawn
Top Review by justcallmetoni
Always seeking more interesting variations to the standard tuna salad, this one caught my eye. The flavor blend here is really wonderful and work well together; bright and crisp lending themselves to the tuna without competing against it. I used romaine rather than arugula but agree that the slight peppery taste of the latter would have worked a bit better. Thanks.
- 170.09 g tuna in water, drained
- 29.58 ml reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 4.92 ml lemon zest
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 4 slice reduced-calorie whole wheat bread, toasted
- 236.59 ml arugula, about 6 leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tuna, mayonnaise, lemon zest and juice, pepper, carrot, parsley, and shallot in a small bowl; mix well.
- Layer 2 slices of bread with 3 lettuce leaves each and top each with about 1/2 cup of tuna salad. Top with remaining bread slices and serve.