Green Chilli, Lemon & Pepper Dijonnaise Tuna Sandwich
- Ready In:
- 10 slices bread
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained (in olive oil or brine)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 cups rocket, leaves
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 6 tablespoons Dijonnaise mustard
- 4 tablespoons of low fat mayonnaise
- 3 large jalapenos, chopped
- 5 slices cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1 small Spanish onion, finely chopped (optional)
- salt & freshly cracked black pepper
- In a mixing bowl, combine tuna, mayo, chopped jalapenos, lemon juice, onion (optional) salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Toast bread if desired.
- Spread dijonnaise mustard on one side of the bread.
- Spread tuna mixture and layer tomato slices, cheddar cheese (optional), rocket leaves and season with more cracked pepper.
- Top with the other slice of bread, press down slightly with hands to compress sandwich and ingredients together.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Deux Petits Chefs means "Two Little Cooks". A brother and sister duo who dabbles in the fine art of cooking. One lives in Singapore, currently serving in the national army and loves jazz, the other is studying in Australia and loves art. Both are avid video gamers and each has their own style of cooking. The sister is a casual, laid-back cook, while the brother is a hardcore traditionalist. Areas of Expertise: Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Mediterranean & fusion fare. Both are avid supporters of Authentic Asian food, not the western/pseudo rip offs we see around the world! Go Authentic Asian Food! :)