Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup black pepper, ground
- 1⁄3 cup dried lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dried thyme leaves
- Stir all the ingredients together and store in airtight jars.
- Lemon pepper adds a piquant flavor when used on grilled meats.
- Attach this to the Jar
Smells great. I didn't want to buy an entire bottle at the store (I only needed 1/4 t) so I did a search and found this. I did spin the ingredients in the food processor to bring out more of the flavors. I'll make again, it's much cheaper than buying a bottle especially if you have all the items in your pantry.
I made this recipe out of necessity--as I forgot to buy some for dinner tonight Best Grilled Pork Chops ( http://www.recipezaar.com/27210 ) I was a bit skeptical at first, as it seemed like too much pepper. Nevermind my concerns, it saved dinner and helped make the best pork I've ever eaten! I made 1/4 batch, using the zest of 2 lemons (approx. 2 TBS). It provided the most flavorful taste and aroma! From now on, I'll be sure to make enough to store in my spice rack for any and every day use! My compliments and thanks for submitting this recipe!