Recipe by Miraklegirl
Simple and delicious
Top Review by Kishka
These were delicious! I boiled the potatoes in chicken stock instead of water to give them some flavor from the outset, and I added the juice from the lemons I zested, too. Make sure you taste one and adjust for seasonings before you serve them - I found that they needed a bit more salt than called for to really bring out the flavors.
- 2 lbs small red potatoes or 2 lbs new potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, cut into pieces
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut a strip of peel from around middle of each potato Place potatoes in a large pot.
- Add cold water to cover and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat; cook potatoes until tender when pierced with a knife, about 15 minutes.
- Drain in a colander, then return the potatoes to the pot.
- Add butter, parsley, lemon zest, garlic, pepper and remaining salt to the potatoes.
- Toss gently until they are coated with the parsley mixture.
- Serve immediately.