Simple and delicious
Make and share this Lemon Parsley Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut a strip of peel from around middle of each potato Place potatoes in a large pot.
- Add cold water to cover and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat; cook potatoes until tender when pierced with a knife, about 15 minutes.
- Drain in a colander, then return the potatoes to the pot.
- Add butter, parsley, lemon zest, garlic, pepper and remaining salt to the potatoes.
- Toss gently until they are coated with the parsley mixture.
- Serve immediately.
These were delicious! I boiled the potatoes in chicken stock instead of water to give them some flavor from the outset, and I added the juice from the lemons I zested, too. Make sure you taste one and adjust for seasonings before you serve them - I found that they needed a bit more salt than called for to really bring out the flavors.
Yummy! I used baby red potatoes, and I thought the lemon zest added a delightly zing, and the garlic was a must for us. What a great way to dress up potatoes. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Miraklegirl.
excellent, made them with some greek meatballs I found on another site, and some pita and tzatziki. will do these again