Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
I love orzo and this recipe from Rachael Ray looks delish.
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 3⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 (6 ounce) white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the orzo until al dente. Drain and return to the pot. Stir in the pine nuts, parsley, lemon juice, lemon peel and 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, heat 1/4 cup olive oil oven high heat until rippling. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 7 minutes. Divide the orzo among 4 plates and top with the mushrooms.
Enjoyed this side dish very much. I substituted fresh basil for the parsley and sprinkled the top with parmesan cheese before serving. Very good!
This was really good and quick to throw together for lunch! The only change I made was using bottled lemon juice and no zest since I didn't have any lemons. Will definately make again, especially this summer when my fresh parsley starts growing again! Made for Best of 2010 Cookbook Tag.
This was a five star recipe...we really enjoyed it and it was so easy...