Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Quick and easy to make on the grill. Serve with menu #38177 and Tzatziki (Yoghurt, Cucumber, Garlic and Mint Dip). From "Woman's Day" magazine.
- 1 1⁄2 lemons
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (plus extra for grill)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 8 strips
- 8 wooden skewers
- Soak skewers in water at least 30 minutes before grilling.
- Squeeze 1/2 a lemon into a plastic storage bag; squeeze garlic, through a garlic press, into bag.
- Also add oil, oregano, salt and pepper to bag and mix; add chicken and marinate 15 minutes, up to 2 hours.
- Cut lemon into 8 wedges; thread chicken onto soaked skewers and top skewer with a lemon wedge.
- Grill chicken 4 minutes, turning once; chicken should be lightly charred, but cooked through.
I thought this recipe was very easy and quite tasty. I would recommend that you definately marinate chicken overnight to enhance the lemon flavor. The citrus makes for a light refreshing summer dish.
This was light and colorful. It was perfect for a warm summer supper.