1/3 Photos of Lemon Oregano Chicken Baguette With Roast Garlic Mayonnaise
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This is a meal by itself. To butterfly the chicken breast, place the breast flat onto a work surface, and with one hand on top to hold it in place, slice through the middle horizontally to cut almost in half and open out flat. To peel and chop a lemon, cut a slice from the top and the bottom of the fruit. Cut away the rind, pith and skin, working from top to bottom, following the curve of the fruit. Slice the peeled fruit crosswise into 1/4 inch slices and then stack and chop the slices finely. Please note, cooking time indicated includes marinating time and roasting time of garlic for garlic mayo.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, butterflied
- 1 lemon, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For the sandwich
For Roast Garlic Mayo
- 1To make the garlic mayo, slice off the top of garlic (the pointy ends) cutting through the cloves (leaving the skin on).
- 2Pre-heat oven to gas mark 2/300°F/150°C.
- 3Place the garlic cut-side up into an oven tray and drizzle over with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 4Roast garlic head for 1 hour until completely soft.
- 5Leave to cool then squeeze out the cloves and mash until smooth and then whisk into the mayonnaise.
- 6Toss the butterflied chicken breasts with chopped lemon, garlic, oregano, oil and pepper.
- 7Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes (can marinate chicken upto 2 hours in advance turning in the marinade every 20 minutes).
- 8Pre-heat the grill to medium-hot, for outdoors medium-hot coals.
- 9Grill chicken for about 4-5 minutes on each side basting with any remaining marinade until the chicken is opaque with no trace of pink.
- 10Cut baguette into 4 equal-sized pieces.
- 11Split and toast on the cut side until just crisp for about 1 minute.
- 12Fill baguette with chicken, tomatoes, salad leaves, season with salt and pepper if you wish and drizzle garlic mayo on top.
- 13Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Oregano Chicken Baguette With Roast Garlic Mayonnaise
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1289.6
- Calories from Fat 400
- Total Fat 44.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 90.8 mg
- Sodium 1873.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 167.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 57.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: