Lemon (Or Lime) Rice Krispies Treats
- Put a peice of parchment or wax paper into the bottom of a 13x9 inch pan.
- Add margarine to a medium saucepan on low, but make sure that the margarine isn't melting too fast.
- Use a microplane or zester to zest both lemons (or all 3 limes). Make sure to get all the zest off of the lemons.
- Catching the seeds in your hands, squeeze the juice of one lemon (or 1 1/2 limes) into the butter and zest.
- Add the 10 oz. bag of marshmallows and stir continuously. It will take a while for the marshmallows to melt but don't turn the heat up too high or the marshmallows will burn.
- Add in a few drops of yellow food coloring. Green food coloring is best for lime flavor.
- Once the marshmallows have completely melted, gently stir them into the cereal and make sure to get them evenly coated.
- Spread them out into the pan and when they have cooled, it's time to eat!