I was craving the flavor of lemon and I just thought this up. It's really refreshing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put a peice of parchment or wax paper into the bottom of a 13x9 inch pan.
- 2Add margarine to a medium saucepan on low, but make sure that the margarine isn't melting too fast.
- 3Use a microplane or zester to zest both lemons (or all 3 limes). Make sure to get all the zest off of the lemons.
- 4Catching the seeds in your hands, squeeze the juice of one lemon (or 1 1/2 limes) into the butter and zest.
- 5Add the 10 oz. bag of marshmallows and stir continuously. It will take a while for the marshmallows to melt but don't turn the heat up too high or the marshmallows will burn.
- 6Add in a few drops of yellow food coloring. Green food coloring is best for lime flavor.
- 7Once the marshmallows have completely melted, gently stir them into the cereal and make sure to get them evenly coated.
- 8Spread them out into the pan and when they have cooled, it's time to eat!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon (Or Lime) Rice Krispies Treats
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.6
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 148.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 1.2 g