Recipe by mwestcott
Credit to Peggy Sharpe of Collierville, TN. From Southern Living magazine. Recipe calls for lemon zest, but I used lemon juice instead.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Combine all dry ingredients (except lemon zest) in a large bowl.
- Whisk all liquid ingredients, plus the lemon zest (or lemon juice), in a medium bowl.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture in the large bowl, and mix until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill each cup in the muffin pan about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- For the icing, combine the confectioner sugar and lemon juice in a bowl and drizzle over warm muffins.