Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A wonderful dessert to serve after a seafood meal, such as Mean Chef's Pasta with Spicy Shrimp and Sun-dried Tomatoes! I often layer my mousse and raspberry sauce in clear parfait glasses.
- 1 (3 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed and drained
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- of fresh mint
- Sprinkle gelatin over white wine in small sauce pan to soften. Add lemon juice and peel. Heat gently until gelatin is dissolved.
- Beat eagg yolks with 3 tablespoons of the sugar until mixture forms a ribbon.
- Stir in gelatin mixture.
- Beat egg whites until foamy, then add remaining 5 tablespoons sugar; beat until mixture forms soft peaks.
- Fold egg yolk mixture into whipped cream. Fold in 1/2 og egg white mixture. Carefully fold in remaining egg white mixture.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Combine all sauce ingredients except mint in blender and puree.
- Strain through sieve to remove seeds.
- To serve, spoon sauce on individual serving plates. Place scoop of mousse on sauce and garnish with fresh mint.