Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this beauty from the label on a condensed milk tin :D Still it has to be my the best I've tatsed yet!
- 180 g crushed biscuits
- 90 g melted butter
- 400 g condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 lemon, rind of
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- Base: Combine 180g plain crushed biscuits with 90g melted butter.
- Press mixture into a 23cm greased pie plate.
- Chill while making filling.
- Filling: Combine one 400g can condensed milk. 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice, rind from a lemon, and 3 lightly beaten egg yolks. spoon mixture into crumb crust.
- Topping: Beat 3 egg whites until stiff, gradually add 1/2 cup castor sugar.
- Spoon or pipe meringue onto filling and bake in preheated (180 degree C) oven until golden, about 15 minutes.
Fabulous!!! I wanted to use my last 4 eggs, so that was the only difference (4 eggs instead of 3). It made heaps of meringue - my children's favourite part. Creamy and not too over powering of lemon, so it is suitable for younger children. I think the serves may be wrong though, as mine made 10 generous servings, so it lasted 2 nights. Thanks for posting!
I have made a recipe almost identical to this and I need to figure out what I did wrong. That said, the person I got the recipe from-- hers was sooooooo delicious! This is A YUMMMY dessert! I just need to practice the meringue part...