1/2 Photos of Lemon Marsala Chicken Breasts
Not sure where this recipe came from originally, but my girlfriend made it for dinner at few years back and it's become a staple at our house. Fancy enough for company. Usually I serve with wild rice and green beans. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs, beaten (did not add water..it's just the eggs beaten)
Lemon Marsala Sauce
- 1Trim chicken.
- 2Cut chicken breast in half -- pound nice and flat.
- 3Heat butter and oil together in skillet.
- 4Dredge chicken in flour (mixed with salt and pepper to taste).
- 5Shake of excess flour.
- 6Dip chicken in beaten eggs.
- 7Saute in hot fat until golden on both sides.
- 8Drain on paper towel.
- 9Place in shallow baking dish.
- 10Make sauce;.
- 11Melt butter in saucepan.
- 12Add garlic and shallots. Saute for a minute.
- 13Add flour, stirring constantly. DO NOT ALLOW MIXTURE TO BROWN.
- 14Add stock and Marsala and continue to stir until smooth and slightly thickened.
- 15Add lemon juice.
- 16Pour sauce over chicken and bake until tenders (30 min).
- 17Preheat oven to 375.
- 18Sprinkle with fresh parsley and add fresh lemon slices when serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Marsala Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (440 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 837.6
- Calories from Fat 593
- Total Fat 65.9 g
- Saturated Fat 26.6 g
- Cholesterol 248.5 mg
- Sodium 631.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 26.3 g