Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Not sure where this recipe came from originally, but my girlfriend made it for dinner at few years back and it's become a staple at our house. Fancy enough for company. Usually I serve with wild rice and green beans. Hope you enjoy!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 eggs, beaten (did not add water..it's just the eggs beaten)
Lemon Marsala Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine (this is what makes it!)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Trim chicken.
- Cut chicken breast in half -- pound nice and flat.
- Heat butter and oil together in skillet.
- Dredge chicken in flour (mixed with salt and pepper to taste).
- Shake of excess flour.
- Dip chicken in beaten eggs.
- Saute in hot fat until golden on both sides.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Place in shallow baking dish.
- Make sauce;.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add garlic and shallots. Saute for a minute.
- Add flour, stirring constantly. DO NOT ALLOW MIXTURE TO BROWN.
- Add stock and Marsala and continue to stir until smooth and slightly thickened.
- Add lemon juice.
- Pour sauce over chicken and bake until tenders (30 min).
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and add fresh lemon slices when serving.
A wonderful recipe! We cooked the entire thing on the stovetop, too lazy to clean two pans, and it still turned out beautifully. The Marsala sauce really makes this recipe. Thanks!!
I can't believe how delicious this is. I added about 5 white button mushrooms to the saute pan when I was cooking the garlic and shallots. I agree, the sauce with the marsala definitely makes this. What a wonderful flavour. If I could give this a 10 I would. I'll be making this again, thanks so much for such a delicious recipe.