Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Aunt Darlene's recipe from family collection.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, Chopped
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant lemon pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- Mix flour, butter and 1/2 C nuts and press into 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool thoroughly. Meanwhile: Combine cream cheese and powdered sugar and spread on crust. Spread 1/2 container of Cool Whip next. Beat instant puddings and milk together for 2 minutes. Let set for a few minutes until firm enough to spread on first layer. Spread the other half container of cool whip on the second layer. Garnish with pecans. Let stand a few hours before cutting.
- Other variations are butterscotch, chocolate or pumpkin pudding in place of the lemon.