Recipe by Topher
A lemon lover's dessert. A sweet dessert to make, especially in the summer. Got the recipe from a local recipe competition a couple years ago.
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 lemons, juice of
- 2 lemons, zest of
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- chopped pistachio nut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Fit crust into a 9 inch tart pan w/removable bottom if available.
- Bake pie crust for about 12 minutes or until golden, cool.
- Beat eggs and add a the mixture of sugar and cornstarch gradually.
- Add lemon juice and zest into the mixture.
- Cook in the top of double boiler (bowl over pot of hot water) until thick while stirring constantly.
- Add the butter and let it cool slightly.
- Pour filling into pie shell and let it cool completely.
- Combine mascarpone cheese, sour cream and sugar until well blended.
- Spread evenly over lemon filling.
- Sprinkle on pistachios if using.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.