Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this on Food Network site for Sandra Lee's Semi Homemade. I love lemon, and sounds like something I just have to try. Starts off with a store bought Pound cake. When trying to type in the prepared store bought cake, it won't allow to show as "Pound" it shows "lb."
- 1 prepared poundcake, ring store bought
- 1 (10 ounce) jar lemon curd
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (1 lb) box powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- To make the cake, begin with a serrated knife and level the bigger end of the cake. This will be the bottom. Slice off top inch of cake. Carefully set aside (do not break). Scoop out a trench in the cake for the filling. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine lemon curd and 1 cup of whipped topping. Stir gently to combine, being careful not to over-stir. Fill center of cake with filling and cover with the reserved top of the cake.
- To make the icing, place all icing ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Make sure that all lumps are dissolved. Drizzle icing over cake until completely covered in icing. Let set before serving.
- Cook's Notes:
- Pound cake ring can be decorated with a beautiful nosegay of roses or other edible flowers placed in the center hole. Alternatively, you can buy frozen pound cake loaf and layer lemon cream mixture between slices. Top with more lemon cream and garnish with fresh berries.
- Can also garnish with fresh lemon zest.
So light and refreshing and so easy to make! Thanks for sharing! I used two small loaf sized pound cakes and made 1 with 1/2 filling mix and icing for one evening and the other pound cake with1/2 filling and icing for another evening. I added some lemon zest into some of the left over topping and served that on the side.