Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds delicious!
- 354.88 ml unsalted butter, room temperature
- 453.59 g organic powdered sugar
- 14.78 ml lime zest, reserve the juice for the glaze below (about 3 medium limes)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 6 large eggs
- 551.25 ml cake flour, sifted
- 14.78 ml powdered lemon flavoring (available from King Arthur Flour Company)
- 236.59 ml organic powdered sugar
- 4.92 ml powdered lemon flavoring
- 24.64 ml fresh lime juice
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Butter and flour a 12-cup angel food cake pan with removable bottom or you may use a 12 cup *bundt cake pan.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar, then lime zest and salt. Bet in eggs 1 at a time. Add flour and lemon powder in 3 additions, beating just until blended each time. Transfer batter to prepared pan.
- Bake cake until a golden color and tester inserted near center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cut around center tube and pan sides of angel food cake pan to loosen cake. Remove pan sides.
- Cool cake completely.
- *If using a bundt cake pan, cool cake in pan for 5 minutes. Turn cake out on rack; cool completely.
- Whisk together powdered sugar, lemon powder and lime juice until smooth.
- Transfer cake to a plate, then drizzle glaze over cooled cake and let stand until glaze is set, about 20 minutes.
- Cooks Note: Cake (without glaze) can be made 1 day ahead and kept, wrapped tightly in plastic wrap, at room temperature. This recipe can be made with all organic ingredients.