Prep 35 mins
Cook 8 mins
Nice variation from the original version. Everyone in my family loves them.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter or 1 1⁄2 cups margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped almonds
- 1 (14 ounce) bag Hershey chocolate kisses
- powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugar and lemon extract until fluffy. Add flour and almonds; beat at low speed until blended. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Shape tablespoonful dough around each candy kiss, covering completely. Roll in hands to form ball.
- Bake at 375F on ungreased cookie sheets for 8-12 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening together over low heat; drizzle over cookies.