1/3 Photos of Lemon Icebox (Or Freezer) Cake
I seem to be on a roll finding no-cook, quick & easy, make-ahead desserts & this 1 by Helen Corbitt from her cookbook w/the catchy title of "Helen Corbitt's Cookbook" doesn't end my trend. Her only comment was "This dessert freezes beautifully & I always keep 1 on hand for emergencies." If you are after a low-cal or low-fat dessert, this is not for you. If you want something yummy & decadent, then read on. My view is it would make having surprise guests an almost worthwhile emergency. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter & sugar together.
- 2Add egg yolks, grated lemon peel, grated orange peel + the strained juices & mix well.
- 3Beat the egg whites till stiff & fold them into the butter mixture.
- 4Line the bottom of a 1-qt mold or cake tin w/ladyfingers (or pound cake fingers) & cover them w/a layer of the butter mixture.
- 5Repeat for as many layers as you can, ending w/ladyfingers or pound cake on top.
- 6Refrigerate overnite or freeze for at least 2 hours & then unmold to serve.
- 7Idea Option: Sub lime for the lemon? Yum!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Icebox (Or Freezer) Cake
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.5
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 235.1 mg
- Sodium 346.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 43.6 g
- Protein 6.7 g