Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A cool, refreshing dessert. Perfect for summer. A great midday treat on a hot day! Can use candied lemon peel to garnish, which is great! Cook time is freezer time.
- Combine water and sugar in saucepan.
- Heat over low until sugar is dissolved.
- Removed from heat and stir in lemon juice to combine.
- Pour into a freezer container.
- Stir every 30 minutes for 4-5 hours, or until mixture is slushy.
- Garnish servings with fresh or candied lemon peel.
- For an adult treat, drizzle with cold vodka or lemonicello. Yum!
I actually made this months ago. I found it in my mom's 1950's cookbook. I put it in a freezer containter with a lid and scooped out what I wanted. Very good and very easy on a budget.